Wednesday 24 June 2015

Another small hurdle

For near 12 months I have been working towards heading back to work, putting some normality in life. I enjoyed my job, but its not necessarily the work that I crave. Its things like:
  1. The social piece, shooting the breeze, adult contact, relationships. 
  2. The idea of being valuable. To be able to do stuff of value to others, rather than asking people to do stuff for you.
  3. The link to the normal, the idea that I don't have to focus on the disease and treatment 24x7
I have had 2 false starts in my return, both were medical, both times i had planned to return and unfortunately could not. This time I had planned to return this Friday for a day a week, and have been very excited about this for some time. It was going to happen.

Unfortunately my employer EMC could not accommodate the 1-day per week role, and have made a business decision to terminate my employment due to medical incapacity. So double hit. Not returning as hoped to give it a go, and employment terminated. 

I understand the reasoning, and am accepting of the decision, like lots of things I have to be, no choice really. But the timing is tough, and the decision is really out of the blue so its a bit of a hard one to stomach. I will still be covered under salary continuance insurance which pays partial amount of my salary, but it does prove several financial challenges for us, as well as some mental challenges.

But what will be will be, yes I had my heart set on it, but as someone told me today, it can provide me with other opportunities to do some stuff that I really want to do. Some sage advice, one that I will explore.

Wishing Jo all the best with her results, back into limbo land again, know that one well, but Jo seems to be coping extraordinarily well. Great to catch up with Smithy, Chez, and a great lunch with the Talkforce crew last week. Awesome to catch up with you all, and thanks for listening.

So although this week did not bring me what I thought it was going to, I am sure next week will bring something new, as tomorrow is always another day.
Love.
Trev.


 




2 comments: