Sunday 8 November 2015

Mojo Rising

Well its time. After a couple of weeks of some disturbance in the force, time for mojo to start bouncing back. Started yesterday dropping E in at Centennial Park for some more footy work, then was awesome to catchup with the Peterson's and the Pyc's for some food and chat. Trent, you will be happy to know, no salmonella, that pink chicken turned out fine!

So mojo is rising, its all starting to come back again, time to bounce back from the "walking dead" into the land of the living.

I find I am drawn more closely when I see a report in the news of cancer, whether its a patient or a treatment or a death. This weeks was a great story about a Christchurch school kid that was diagnosed with a rare form or cancer the week before graduation, and the wonderful speech that he gave at graduation night.

CLICK HERE!

For a teenager to face it like he is was very brave, I thought his insight was impressive.
"Here's the thing, none of us get out of life alive, so be gallant, be great, be gracious and be grateful for the opportunities you have".
Wishing you all the best Jake, you are a brave young man with a tough time ahead, but you sound like you will front it and do your best.

So the fatigue has been harder than I though it would be this week, just something I cant pick what each day is going to be like. But yesterday and today I feel good, ready to take on what comes. Those down days I also get tired, cranky and much less tolerant, not nice to be around I know. Apologies to my family for having to put up with that. But with some hope and good management the good days will outnumber those other ones and we can chat, and laugh and joke a little more, and enjoy life.

Was great to catch up with chemo buddy Lisa this week, I am in awe of your approach and brightness and optimism Lisa, hope that some of that rubs off on me sometimes. Good lunch with Dave T, and then to catch up with the in-laws for Maja's birthday. Was more difficult than usual to push to get to each catchup this week, but its important for me to catchup with all. Really look forward to these every week, so thanks for being there.

Sunday Footy, the season never ends.
With Mojo Rising I find today is a good day, I am whipping this weed killer infusion, easy peasy. And if today is a good day, cant wait till tomorrow, as tomorrow is always another day.
Love.
Trev.




No comments:

Post a Comment