Sunday 15 November 2015

Planning Ahead

Have recently had a few conversations about planning ahead. What I mean is that in my current state, how far ahead is reasonable to plan ahead?

Some may remember my anxiety over my licence renewal, they sent me my licence and asked me to renew for 1, 3, 5 or 10 years. I froze on that, as I don't like to waste money, so how much will I renew for? Here is the entry if you want to revisit.

So we have a few things that have come up for 2016, couple of concerts and sporting events that I wouldn't mind going to, also what to put my hand up for in the footy season. So what do I do?

Some say I should just plan for if everything stays as is, because it might, I might get some amazing results from treatment and so be cruising through the year. Some say, or imply, that if I am not completely positive with the potential outcome that I am heading in the wrong direction, you know, gotta be positive, all the time.

I take a different perspective on this though, I haven't entirely worked it out, but reasonably clear on my approach. I AM positive, optimistic, hopeful, that's me, that's how I have always been, so nothing changes in that. However I am also pragmatic, logical, realistic.

  • I do look at the worst case scenarios, I believe that it gives me some time to plan for the worst and hope for the best. 
  • Planning for worst case means that if the worst case scenarios don't happen, that it looks good, not hard to find the silver lining.
  • I plan for success, but also plan for other what-if scenarios. 
  • I always need to have a plan, not always a good plan, but I need a plan.

So I still hesitate at the 2016 planning. Some things I do plan for, hoping that I'll get there, but other times I don't, would rather play the wait and see game. I'm not always sure why I make each of those decisions, maybe the time of day, or week, maybe the weather, I'm really not sure. But playing the wait and see game is also planning ahead, it may not be me being as positive as some would hope that I would be, but it is a plan and a realistic and practical one. What I ask of you is to please let me be pragmatic and realistic sometimes, please respect that of me, it is part of my makeup.

So this week has been awesome. It seems like my bounce happened last Sunday and has continued feeling good for the week. Still get very tired easily, but nothing like the fatigue of weeks past. I had a great visit with an Exercise Physiologist this week, I reckon this will make a difference for how I feel over the next few months. Really liked his approach and how he listened to all I had to say, thanks Brendan, just a shame he is a Hawks supporter.

Catchups with Shane, Shaun, Tim, Edmund, lunch with one of my oldest and best mates Smithy and wife Kerry, just an awesome week. Was so great to see the progress from  Luke, been on a donkey ride to hell and back and starting to come good, you're inspiring mate. I am certainly tired today, but worth it for the great week I have had.

Shaun & Shane
Ed
 
Tim
  
So I am looking forward to another good week. Tomorrow I will see my onco Josie, get my bloods done and have my big weed killer day. But bring it on, ready for it with renewed vigor  and even though tomorrow is a weed killer day, tomorrow is always another day.
Love.
Trev.



1 comment:

  1. Damn. Google+ knows me too well. Started long post and after 'mate and good bloke' it said no, that'll do!

    ReplyDelete