Sunday 6 December 2015

The Lottery

The lottery continues, day by day I get up and just wonder how I am going to be today.

The chemo seems to hold no real consistency on what it brings. Each day I wake up glad that I am still here, glad to greet another morning. But after the initial move to the coffee machine, I start to wonder how I will be by lunchtime.

Things have been really good, have been having a good few weeks. Last week had a couple of days where things went a bit pear shaped, just couldn't get off the lounge, the fatigue was once again massive and hard to deal with. I wonder why it works like this. I always expect that we could work out trends, when is good when is not. Is morning better than evening, do certain foods or activities set stuff off, but I just cant work it out, each day is a bit of a lottery

I'll keep trying, trying to work out the line of best fit to enable me to keep on top of it. If you are dealing with friends or loved ones going through some chemo treatment, are they the same? They continue to tell me it hits everyone differently, so I guess its all part of the lottery. be patient with anyone you know that is getting hit with the weed killer, often you wouldn't know what is going on, how they are really coping, be patient, be empathetic, just be there for them.

Great to catch up with a few East Hills Old Boys at the anniversary open day. Thanks for lunch Healz, and great to meet up as always guys, love you all like brothers.
Class of  '82. Impressive bunch of roosters.

Mmmm, burgers.

Have my smaller chemo tomorrow (Monday), then my next progress scan is on Wednesday with results coming through on the 14/12. Bit anxious as usual, bit of SCANXIETY eh Jo?

But will ride through the week with some worry, some anxious moments, some doubts and fears, and some hope and optimism. Nothing I can do now will change the results, so I'll get through today and hopefully wake up tomorrow and deal with whatever comes my way, as tomorrow is always another day.
Love.
Trev.

No comments:

Post a Comment