Thursday 17 December 2015

The Best Christmas Present

So a few days down after my results, if you  haven't caught up with that then heres the link
http://trevjourney1.blogspot.com.au/2015/12/latest-scan-result.html

I've got some great chrissy presents over the years, but I cant remember one that I have felt like this about. Is it relief, joy and happiness, I am really unsure.

It is certainly a relief. I was sure that the cancer was growing, that the weed killer wasn't working. What a relief to hear that I was wrong. Don't mind being wrong in this case for sure. Anyway, I am used to being wrong, I don't need to be right with a family full of people smarter than me, and that includes the dog (yes the dog is a person).

But I think the overwhelming emotion is happiness with a generous amount of optimism for the future. Even though the last week I have been having a post midday blues, not feeling so well, I am treasuring spending moments just sitting chatting with all the family, thinking about future. I feel so optimistic about 2016, what we will be able to do, memories we can make. It feels so, so different to a week ago. Am I explaining this OK?

For the first time for quite some time I am feeling for the future. Even talking about booking an event that we all want to go to next August. NEXT AUGUST, can you believe that? A week ago I was not willing to book something up for next March as I had no idea how my health would be. The news has given me a different perspective, one that even though I still don't know how my health will be at any time, I am optimistic that I look to the future, lets aim for it and see where it lands. I'm sure I wont always hit the bulls-eye, but I'll keep practicing and keep working.

So making plans for Chrissy, thinking about the rest of December and January and its going to be great, every bit of it.

Loving today, and loving that tomorrow is always, always, another day.
Love.
Trev.


Just an old family foto, always good times.




1 comment:

  1. I loved your blog. I hope you are doing well now. I also love spending my time with my kid’s and beautiful wife. We always celebrate our memorable days at best Chicago event venues. My wife just loved their services a lot so I always try to book that place for her happiness.

    ReplyDelete