Monday 4 January 2016

Happy New Year

What a year 2015 has been. I'm pretty sure that Ive never had a year with so many ups and downs. The highs have been really high, and the lows been really low.

Some of the negatives I sometimes wish I could forget, however the challenges over the time help to provide that reason to keep going, I look back on the strength I can draw, the way I have always bounced back and look at the resilience it has drilled into me, the bad days are part of me and help make me what I am.

In every situation I try hard to draw the positives, find that silver lining. There is always a silver lining. Of the whole journey what I am so pleased with is the way I have reconnected with old friends, and got closer to current ones. Whether its because I have the time to do so, or the inclination to do it due to the situation, I have met up with so many people this year for simple coffees and lunches and dinners, and its been just wonderful. Just keeping in touch with so many people, and getting so many texts, letters, emails and phone calls of support and love is astounding.

Daily I get messages from people with words of support or love. Who gets that? Really, who gets that. It brings a smile to my face and a tear to my eye every day when I receive that simple text or email. "Might have been a while since we spoke, but just wanted you to know...".

I am a very lucky guy.

So a huge thank you to all of you that are there for me, that are supporting me. It means the world to me to get that, keeps me going for sure. Thanks.

Update:
So its been a challenging couple of weeks. Most of you already know but spent a few days in hospital after deciding to watch the NYE fireworks from the Emergency Department of the SAN Hospital. Their small Samsung TVs grainy screens were awesome to watch it on, just hard to buzz a nurse for some more ice at 1 minute past midnight on NYE, where the hell were they?

So we think the pain I had was from some rib and/or rib-cartilage issue, with the liver and the colon inflammation putting pressure on the ribs and causing what was immense pain. We thought it may have been a stoma blockage or my liver packing it in, but I guess this is a relatively good result. The bad part of it is that it will take a while to heal, in the mean time its a bit like having a cracked rib, so as long as I dont laugh, breath, cough, or move in any direction, then all is good. Tweaking the pain meds now to try and get on top of it without totally spacing myself out with them.

I am grateful to my onco Josie who came in to see me in Hospital both on New Years Day morning and also the Saturday morning, and spending time with me to help sort this out. Yeh I know its their job, but he treats me like I am his best patient every time I see him, he spends the time and really cares.

Thanks to my old, old mate Rod Young (old as in years known, not as in age) for my new Hawaiian Shirts dropped around yesterday. Saffy and I particularly like the green with the paisley touch, awesome. Rod and I hadn't seen each other since primary school up until we got together earlier this year.

Love the shirt, don't you?

So will be looking to get on top of the pain management this week, maybe getting out a little bit without over doing it, spending time with the kids. Tomorrow is always another day.
Love.
Trev.

No comments:

Post a Comment