Sunday 24 January 2016

Shrinking Violet

When I was young I didn't have much of a green thumb, though i did take some interest in plant life. The African Violet was certainly a favourite, I am not sure why. The colour, the touch. Along with the Venus Fly Trap that we used to get off Dave Healey rated up there as well.

Thanks to my family for the African Violet in the recent hit.

So the latest update has been a challenging one, aren't they all I guess.

Had a good day at the BBL and WBBL last Saturday with Cass, was a good day, my old bones got a little tired, but really enjoyed the day. Thanks Jamie for giving us the car parks to make it easier, and a few friendly members stand attendants for letting us sneak through to give us a quicker exit, made a difference eh Cass, well done, loved spending the day with you as always.

Then on Sunday things went a little pear shape and hasn't really improved since. I have less of an appetite and a nagging pain for w eek prior, nothing bad, nothing really unexpected, just something to manage. On Sunday it got to that point that the pain continued escalating, some inside and some near the outside, couldn't really put my finger on the basis of the pain. My DIY doctoring off the boil today.So got Lyssa to take me off to ED, the idea I would get them to pump me full of morphine for the night then would see my oncologist the next morning. Not that it never does, but that didn't quite go to plan. Anyhow, plenty of morphine and fentanyl, and then on the scan-train.

So been here a full week now, and we found out earlier in the week that although there was some stability in the growth, as of last scan in 2015, that clearly the chemo was JUST holding them, as soon I took the break from chemo they just let loose again. That has been a large source of the pain, sometimes the pain escalating to the 9/10 range,the scratching at the walls and screaming type. I also developed a range of killer hiccups, who wants friggin hiccups when you have pain in the abdo and ribs and all sorts of other places.

So this week has been interesting. Seen onco Josie and Palliative care doc Gillian daily to try and get on top of the pain. We are now working on getting control of the pain and getting over the infections. Both have there challenges, but at least we now have some plans.

Starting to feel normal, well, not not normal, but somewhere in the vicinity of it, so after a full week in hospital we will hopefully be heading home sometime mid this week.

So back to rest and recup,and tomorrow is always another day.
Love,
Trev.

No comments:

Post a Comment