Wednesday 8 April 2015

Finally, a little good news

Finally, had some positive news on Tuesday. One of the cancer markers that we keep an eye on which  is an indicator for the activity of the cancer is down. Early in treatment the lowest it was at was 22,000. The number itself is a little meaningless, it's the variation which seems to be more important. At the height the markers rose to 36k, then last round was at 17k, lowest yet, awesome. On Tuesday, get this, the marker was down to 4k. Totally awesome, like wow freak me out!

To put it in perspective, the markers are known to be unreliable, but the variation in the numbers is undeniably sensational news for me. Leading into next weeks scan fills me with confidence and of course anxiety. Physically I still feel pretty crappy from Tuesdays weed killer, but mentally feel very strong from the news of the markers. They are not just down, they are plummeting, really feel that I just may have bought myself some more time on this earth, and that is an unbelievably great feeling, I reckon so.

Might just break out my favourite Hawaiian shirt for today's unhook at the SAN. Keep an eye out for the fotos later.

Really looking forward to enjoying the next few days as the chemo fatigue load lightens, as tomorrow is always another day.
Trev.

1 comment:

  1. Great news, Trev. My praying for a friggin' miracle works, then. Looking forward to catching up next week.

    ReplyDelete