Wednesday 22 April 2015

Reflections

Now I am about 9 months into this journey, and been entering posts on my blog for the last 3 or 4 months.

The reason I started the blog was twofold. 
  • First was that I found so many things going around in my head, good thoughts and bad, and I find that by putting them down on paper, well virtual paper, allows me to define the idea from all these things bouncing around, box them up and then if needed push them aside or file them away. Allows me to move them on if I need to.
  • Secondly it was to educate. I am an open book, I talk lots, too much many would say. I like sharing. I also thought that I knew stuff about cancer and treatments, but found out quickly that I didn't really know so much in the beginning, but oh how that has changed. So if I can use it as a way of sharing some info to help others be more open and knowledgeable about dealing with theirs or others cancer and other diseases, than that's great.
The other sub reason is that its a good way to update many on where I am at, what I am doing, how I am coping. But that's more of a selfish reason I reckon, and a byproduct.  I have had lots of good feedback from the blogs and really appreciate that. That's great, so thanks. 

So to reflect on the journey so far I just read through my last 40 somthing blogs. Brought back some good memories, and pumped my tyres a little to think of the way I have handled what I have known to be some of the not so good times. But also reminds me of the reality of where I am at, how quickly things can turn for the worse, how I constantly live in this limbo land, up and down, tears and laughter.

But I read somewhere last week that "...on particularly rough days when I cant possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through the bad days so far is 100%, and that's pretty good."

As I reckon I know better than most, tomorrow is always another day.
Love,
Trev.

No comments:

Post a Comment