Tuesday 21 April 2015

Mind over Matter

My mind is writing cheques that my body cant cash.

With such a great end to last week I am feeling mentally strong, really good. Over the weekend I kept thinking I am going so great, so over did things and paid a little for it. But I just feel like I gotta keep going. The results were great, the cancer is reducing, so I want to move forward with that.

I feel that it may take some time, but reckon I can do the things that my mind wants to do. Just got to take that leap of faith and then then let my body slowly catch up. I have always thought that the power of the mind is pretty strong, I don't believe it can heal me, but I do believe it can set me up to help make the chemo work.

So the plan is this. We keep on doing the same chemo, every Monday. We will keep on this regime until it either stops working and that pesky cancer finds its way around it, or it becomes toxic. Had some side effects which suggest it is starting to become a little toxic, but managing them OK. We could be on this regime weeks, or years.  I know what I am aiming for.

It is clear that we will never be able to kill the larger tumours, but the aim is to get them down to a point where I can come off the pain meds and then we can hopefully maintain them at that level with a lighter form of chemo.

But at the moment, its business as usual. Mondays in for infusion, sleep on and off for a few days, and just work through it all each week. Do a little more each week and hopefully start getting some of my old life back.

That's the plan.

I'm still really washed out from yesterdays chemo, thanks so much to Dave T and Chris for the up and back lifts yesterday. Saw another part of the hospital on the way out with Chris, I thought I'd seen every corridor.  Thanks Chris for coming out in that crap weather to get me too.

So moving on and seeing what my mind can conjure up for me over the next few days, as tomorrow is always another day.
Love.
Trev.

No comments:

Post a Comment