Friday 17 April 2015

Finally, some good news

So, after all this time, near 9 months from my calcs, I have been awaiting some good news. Had a couple of snippets, yep the radiation shrunk the tumour in the bowel in September, yep the bowel surgery was a success in October. Other than those its been a swag of bad news. Jane reckons we shouldn't pay when its bad news. However, for every piece of bad news I get, that must mean I am 1 step closer to good news.

I had my CT scan yesterday to determine whether the chemo is working or not. Got a call this arvo from my oncologist, Josie. Went something like this.

Trev: Hello.
Josie: Hi Trev, this is Josie.
Trev: Hi Josie, how are you (I didnt really care, just exchanging pleasantries)
Josie: I'm good thanks, but you're brilliant....

So the outcome is that the 10 odd large tumours have all reduced in size, an average of about 20% reduction, in the 8 weeks of chemo. Wow. Phew. 

Relief, joy, happiness,  contentment, exhilaration. I feel like I have been given some more time, feel a bit like that movie that JT is in, In Time I think its called, and I just got an extra bit of time credit. My onco Josie was nearly as relieved and happy as me, he is on the journey with me.

Not out of the water by any means, but looking like I am headed in the right direction. I am having some challenging neuropathy in my hands and feet which I will have to try and manage, and then there's the rash. We will continue on the same track, weekly chemo. But at the moment, after all the concern and sleepless nights, I am feeling stoked. Just stoked.

Yesterday I caught up with some old school mates. Was great to catch up with these guys again, love you all like brothers (L-R) Healz, Chop, Fincha & Mic. Hope now to have many more catchups fellas.


No comments:

Post a Comment