Thursday 14 May 2015

Another Sunrise

I am always grateful to see another sunrise, another day with my beautiful family, another day of chatting, spending quality time, thinking, pondering.

Was great to watch another sunrise with my great mate Dazza. This time we went to North Head. I remember back in the 80s during a slow night-shift heading out with Hoppy and watching the sunrise out there. Haven't been in touch with Hoppy for many years, would love to find him out at some stage.

So after a bit of hunting around North Head in the dark, Dazza's sense of direction kicked in and we found a couple of good spots for some great shots.



I have started to get some more exercise in and feeling pretty good about it all. Still not in great shape physically, but its clear that things are moving in the right direction. Thanks to some more antibiotics and some creams my infected toe is clearing up well as well. The rash and dry skin on my torso is still fairly prevalent, and some bits appear on my face every now and then which I hate, but its not too bad, I shouldn't be so vain eh.

Spent the weekend with Ethan in Melbourne watching a bit of footy, was great to get away after not doing much at all for the last 9 months. Great to plan more than a week ahead. Was a little anxious about it but worked out great, big E took care of me and made sure I didn't overdo it. Good to cheer in a Swans win too.

This Saturday is the Swans v Cats game at ANZ. The Jodi Lee Foundation are at the game in order to raise awareness for bowel cancer. These guys are doing a great job to get it on the agenda, and are pumping the Bowel Screen kits. I have to go along, just have to, I feel a bit of a sense of ownership for the game, so we are heading out. AFL have even stumped up for a few free seats for me, always like free stuff.



Was great to catch up with some great mates over the last couple of weeks, Dazza, Pricey, Flanman and Shane, Tone, Smithy, Ian, Riddles and Jules tonite, cant wait. Was great to take part in the article in the North Shore Times regarding our pink sock day with St Ives AFL, was really happy with the piece.

So feeling strong, still going through lots of ups and downs, but mentally feeling strong and resilient. Tomorrow the sun will come up again, I know, I have caught it a few times, and I know that tomorrow is  always another day.

Love.
Trev.



1 comment:

  1. Great to hear that you are getting back on track Trev!

    Go Swans

    Hoody

    ReplyDelete