Wednesday 20 May 2015

Living Life

Living Life, what does this mean?

Does it mean going to work each day, then organising our yearly holiday? Does it mean ticking everything off the bucket list?

It sort of is everything, all of these, and none of these. Facing mortality has forced me to consider many things. Particularly what is important, what is a priority. And its not accruing things or experiences any more. Its more about the connections, the love, the relationships, the events and interactions.

Things are going well at the moment. The chemo continues each week, and I am planning things past next week. Things are starting to feel a little normal. Normal in an abnormal situation.

We are going to try to pull off the industrial strength phenergan next Monday. You may remember that I had to get this heavy dose each infusion after I had an anaphalactic reaction to the first dose. Well apparently you can get used to the drug, maybe. So we will still have the steroids, then instead of knocking me out with the phenergan we will try to go straight for the Erbitux. If everything goes ok then we will just continue. If I have another reaction, we will stop, flush, and then back to the phenergan before the Erbi. I want to try this as the phenergan really knocks me around for a few days, so if we can get off it then thats great. However, I am a little anxious about the reaction, the way it happenned last time.

So thanks Lyss for this weeks lifts. Was great to get to the Swans v Cats game on the weekend and catchup with John and MA, good to see Chris Y and Scott on the way home on  the bus, great to see Chris beginning to get back on track after his accident. The St Ives AFL club raised over $2K for Cansupport from RNS with our pink sock day. This is fantastic, more than we have ever raised since I have been involved. This is great, and I'm looking forward to go and present the cheque to the group. Very proud of the club and AFL community. Thanks for all my footy mates that have been helping with the food roster for us, as we have our head a bit above water now we will have a break from that, but we really appreciate all the help and all the meals over the last 9 months, I am so grateful. Thanks to Diane and Mike for organising all this time.

So I am back trying to live life just that little bit more. To create memories, to live and love and connect and engage, and to chat and hug and laugh and cry. Now that's living, and tomorrow is always another day.

Love.
Trev.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment