Monday 25 May 2015

Where are Sleepy and Grumpy?

Today was my smaller chemo day, a few hours of weed killer. However today we decided to try it without knocking me out with the industrial strength Phenergan. After the event of Feb 23 when I had the Anaphylactic reaction to the Cetuximab, I was pretty anxious, bit of an interrupted sleep last night. On the flip side, I want to get off that Phenergan, it stuffs me for a few days, really washes me out. I would rather be just dealing with the side effects of the weed killer than adding this other stuff to it.


So we hit the weed killer without the Cetux, and waited. Lyss waited with me. 15, 20, 30 minutes, and no reaction. Once we got to 45 mins I reckoned we were clear. Nurses were pretty stoked too. So I then talked to Lyss, watched a bit of the Bourne Identity, and all was good. So fantastic, I walked out after a few hours with just the weight and fatigue from the weed killer, but not the intense drowsiness and other stuff that came from knocking me out for the day.

Awesome, no sleepy and grumpy today, just a little tired and washed out. Still don't feel fantastic, but the fact that we got through the morning without the knockout is doing great things with my head space.

So I am sure I will get a good nights sleep tonight, then wake up refreshed tomorrow, getting a little better each day, as tomorrow is always another day.

Love.
Trev.


No comments:

Post a Comment