Tuesday 5 May 2015

Not a walk in the park

Each time I think about how well I am, something pops up to remind me.

Last fortnights visit to the onco had a bit of a nasty ulceration in my throat which made it hard to eat and drink. Some Cylocaine at $114 for a small bottle, more pain relief, some simple Difflam throat spray, and a fortnight later and we are pretty good with it.

This weeks issue is a nasty infection in my big toe. Surely that's not related. But yep, the current regime is known for breaking up the skin on fingers and toes. Fingers and toes have been having lots of dry skin and bit of breaking up on the finger extremities, but toes? Give me a break! So this week, more creams, some heavier antibiotics, walking with a limp, and see how it goes.

As the guy who jumped out of the 10th story window, as he was passing the third floor he said "so far so good".

Thanks so much to Dave T and Chelsea for my lifts this week. Good luck to Bec and Gen for the journey to the toothman. Thanks again so much to Renee for helping to make  Janes 50th very memorable. You are a cake magician, both the work and home cakes were awesome, great time. I also enjoyed filling in for Rob at the AFL club Presidents meet this week, was great to see some guys again and thanks to Huzz for his nice words of welcome.

So, it's not a walk in the park, but so far so good. Limping off into the sunset as tomorrow is always another day.
Love.
Trev.

PS: Just worked out upon saving that this was my 50th post in this blog. Very proud to be still writing, and very glad and a big thanks to all the medico's (particularly Josie) that I am still here to do it. There have been times that I thought I wouldn't make this far, and yet, we are now heading in the right direction and have never felt stronger mentally than now. Rock on.

No comments:

Post a Comment