Thursday 16 July 2015

We are heading in the right direction

Had a CT Scan last week, this one was to determine if the chemo is still working, if we are still heading in the right direction. The last one was around 8-10 weeks before, which showed that there was a 21% average reduction in the larger tumours. This one showed that the chemo is still working, this time around about a 15% reduction from the last scan. Awesome. We are keeping a lid on the bastards, we are heading in the right direction.

Jane was with me for the news, it felt good, not great this time, just good. After a few tears and hugs after the onco appointment it was back on the treadmill, back to chemo for the day, hook up the drips, watch a few movies, feel the fatigue, the rash, and the nausea again. It is great news, but was also a funny reminder that I am still on that road, the road I don't really want to be on, the treadmill of living from one scan to the next, one treatment to the next. I am happy with the result, really I am, it was fantastic, but every now and then I come back to earth and wonder why the fuck do I have to be going through this shit at all. But I'm there and there is no option, it is what it is. So lets move on, time to bounce.

I am feeling crappy now a lot of the time, I think its the accrued chemo is starting to catch up a little. I can do a lunch or a coffee and fire up for it, but then pretty soon after the come down is getting a little harder. Fatigue is massive, nausea comes and goes. The massive amount of support, calls, emails, texts, keeps my head well above water, fantastic, thanks all of you.

Had a great lunch with a few of my EMC brothers yesterday, how good was that. Thanks JB for organising, and great to see the rest of you blokes. It was great to talk shop, the issues and problems, the ups and downs, just generally taking the piss. You guys really made me feel still part of the fabric, felt really, really good. Thanks guys.

Was great to meet an online chemo buddy, Helen, earlier this week. Good footy brekky with Gooders today. Wishing Jacko all the best for recovery from a bit of real live bumper cars last week, hope you are feeling better brother.

Well feeling pretty good today, wishing the rain would go away so we can pack an overnight bag and head out to Heathcote on Sunday to watch E play footy.

Tomorrow is always another day.
Love.
Trev.




No comments:

Post a Comment