Monday 7 September 2015

Well that's a surprise

So what next? At the risk of you looking closely when you next see me and thinking or saying WTF...

My eyebrows have been thinning slowly, but just last night, interestingly, they pretty much fell out. Wow, now that was a surprise, but you wouldn't know it, as how do I raise my eyebrows in surprise, or shock? Or that one eyebrow raise of disapproval? I know the kids will be happy at that one. So BAB, those cracks about my oversupply of body hair are wearing a bit thin. Get it, wearing a bit thin, thinning hair? Jokes aren't as good when you feel you have to explain them, are they.

So part of the story is at yesterday's big chemo we are trying a couple of new nausea drugs, as well as another steroid to try and combat these side effects and get me back on track. The nausea seems to be better, which is great. The additional steroid still tries to trick me into not being able to sleep, tired, but can't sleep, and no eyebrows. So wonder if there is a grow-an-eyebrow drug I can take? Advanced hair, yeh, yeh. Will keep trying to try to get over this hump and improve quality of life.

So it's been a terrific couple of weeks on a number of fronts. A great Father's Day on Sunday. Always good to mark the milestones, had a great brekky, my favourite meal of the day and the kids put some great thought into pressies as they always do. They reckon I'm hard to buy for, I don't believe that, and they always do so well I can't be that difficult. Wearing my new Swans hoody this week. Great to catch up with Al, Sarah, Rog and Jillian last week, and Luke, Kate, Ollie, Ella and Ava on Saturday, wishing you well for this week and what the future holds.

I wrote in a previous post, a couple of weeks back I was awarded life membership of my cherished ST Ives AFL club, so proud. Then a week or so ago I was awarded AFL Volunteer of the year for the Sydney Harbour Region. Then I got a call last week from head of NSW AFL, Sam Graham. First thing I thought was what had our club done wrong that he was calling about. However he delivered the news that I was awarded the NSW AFL Volunteer of the year award, and for that I was on an all expenses trip to the AFL Grand Final, flights, accom, brekky at. Government House, and also being part of and walking in the GF parade. Wow.

I then got onto tikitec and tried to get tickets to the GF eve Marngrook footy show. I love that show, but all sold out. So I emailed and the awesome guys at NITV and Marngrook have been terrific, Jane and I will now be at the show as a guest of the network, would not let me pay for the tickets. Wow.

Kids are jealous, but will be a great weekend away for my lovely wife and I, and hope to catchup with a few Melbourne mates as well.

So putting up with the nausea and fatigue, watching some crappy movies, with the knowledge that tomorrow is always another day.
Love.
Trev.

Talking footy... and stuff. Onya Al.



No comments:

Post a Comment