Wednesday 2 September 2015

Its all Relative

We all complain at times, about life, health, work, home, relationships. The great Aussie ask of "How ya going?", doesn't always need an answer, but have had many people say to me "well, I have nothing to complain about compared to what you are going through". Its all relative right?

But we all have our emotional challenges about various things, and its certainly not a competition. Your challenges and problems are as important as mine, to you, they are much more important. But I'm happy if when you talk about your challenges if my problems give you some perspective, which may sometimes give you some view that some challenges are not as bad as we sometimes think. Yep, it is all relative, but relative to your life, how important is that problem you are facing? 

But in my context, I love to talk through stuff with you. I hope you don't feel guilty or feel you have to say "...compared to your problems...". You don't, you never did before, so in that context nothing has changed.

A great mate was diagnosed with cancer of the throat last week, my thoughts and wishes are constantly with you, and will help in any way I can, whether to listen, chat, let me know what else I can do. I'll drop the moogoo and pawpaw over soon. Its all relative right, and I am feeling for you, these early days for you and your family will be challenging, hoping you can just run with it for now, 1 day at a time.

So been pushing through this week and feeling pretty good. Daily I'm still very fatigued, but trying to manage the days so I can get out later each week for a coffee and something adult contact. Seems to be working ok. As in previous weeks having some more time feeling a little sorry for myself, but working on bouncing back to keep on top of it all.

Was great to catch up with Jo last week and compare war stories. Wonderful to hear how well she is coping with her challenges, one very strong woman. Ethan's footy on the weekend saw them head out of the finals, and injury meant he just watched as his Swans mates played on the SCG. But hopefully he will be back in a few weeks over the lower back injury. Cass had a netball win on Saturday by a goal, awesome game, bring on the GF. Also great to catch up with Hoody yesterday, love hearing about all my EMC mates.

Recently I submitted an article to the National Ostomy magazine (hand up, who knows what an Ostomy is? Time to consult Dr Google perhaps?) , and they published it in the letters section. They sooped it up a bit so was really happy with how it came out, so I have attached it here. They also asked me to do another one in a similar format, pretty pleased with that too. Loving this writing gig, fun, and pretty good as a strategy to box up some thoughts and ideas.

So its a beautiful day outside today, and I'm feeling pretty good. So will spend sometime with good friends and family and then tomorrow is always another day.
Love.
Trev.




No comments:

Post a Comment