Tuesday 29 September 2015

Grand Final Week

Been watching all the footy shows this week, Brownlow last night, lapping up all the analysis. Just getting ready for the Melbourne trip and talking footy for the whole weekend. Just loving it. Jane and I leave on Thursday and back on Sunday. Lots of stuff on, hopefully will sneak in some red and white for the Swans to the MCG on Saturday, will see.

Its great to have the Melbourne trip on, such a great distraction and part of getting on with some normality and some fun stuff. But its never far from the surface and never far from reminding me about where we are at. My progress scan is due this week, so am having a CT early tomorrow, but even though the results will be available pretty quickly I have told my onco that I don't want to hear about them until my next appointment next Tuesday. Good or bad, let me enjoy the normality of the weekend and try not to think about the results. Usually I don't want to wait, I want the results as soon as I can, but maybe I am getting used to the waiting game, or maybe just a little more ambivalent, not sure.

Had my small chemo on Monday, just a dose of Cetuximab and various steroids, been an exhaustive couple of days but feeling pretty good, ready for the weekend. Stoma has been playing up a little, so just have to watch what I eat a little more and drink plenty of water, will keep working on it.

Was great to catchup with Mike and Trav, good to spend some time with Luke at MacQuarie hospital seeing what he is going through. Great strength and fantastic attitude, some really brutal stuff and just moving through it like a knife through butter. That is great for me to see, wonderful, helps me to see how I should behave through these travels, hope I am holding myself somewhere close to what I see in Luke, awesome buddy.

Went out for an impromptu dinner with Jane and E to "Abbys Beer & Burgers" down at local St Ives. Sensational burger, and had my first beer in around 15 months. Tasted pretty good. Not sure I will be turning it on too much, but was good to have a sneaky ale.

So just in case you want to know, my tip is ABH (Anyone But Hawthorn). Weagles by 2 goals, Priddis for the Norm Smith. Tomorrow is always another day, and my oath am I going to enjoy the next few.
Love.
Trev.


No comments:

Post a Comment