Thursday 26 March 2015

Having a Crack


I said "having a crack",  not "having crack"! You guys thought I was onto some new drug regime, didn't you. Did they legalise that?

Am I thinking too much? Am I reading into stuff too much? Maybe. I have always loved the way the Bloods culture has been described. The way players like Paul Kelly, Stuey Maxfield, and Brett Kirk lived and breathed it. Player driven values, expectations and behaviours. The way these guys go about their business, how they relate to their fans, work ethic, amongst many other things.

Just watched a stirring speech from Craig Bolton that he gave at a very recent Swans event. Here it is if you are interested (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/2015-03-25/swanstv-bolton-toast-season-2015 ).

I loved some of his views on the club, what it meant to him, what he sees in the club future, and some of the guiding principles that footy has brought into his life. Some of the views are not just about footy, but about life.

He stated that their approach is really not about the scoreboard, its about having a crack. Words he used included humility, pride, togetherness. 

I really feel these words have some relationship to my life so far. Its never been about the result, never been about the scoreboard. Sure, I want my family to live comfortably, but things like money and materials have never been the primary focus for any of us. We love our cars and our house, but we have never yearned for the mansion or the Ferrari (well, maybe not a Ferrari, but a Lambo would be good). But primary focus is the involvement Jane and I have had with family and friends. My joy has come from the time I spend with family, with Jane, Cass, Lyss and E. The sport, just love sharing the sporting experience with the kids. Even Netball, we developed a love for watching the kids, and was awesome to be up again at Canoon last Saturday watching Cass run around. Its not about how long I live, or whether I am winning or losing. Time with friends and family, never about the scoreboard, about relationships, love, togetherness, pride and humility, some great words Mr Bolton.

Already posted this one on FB, so apologies for the overlap, Spent a few hours this morning at South Curl Curl SLSC with one of my all time best mates watching the sun come up, taking some great shots, then having brekky. This man was partially responsible for that Hawaiian shirt last week by the way. Onya Dags, love you brother.

Today was a good day, and tomorrow is always another day.
Trev.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Trevster, fantastic company, wonderful view, good food and even my photos turned out ok.
    A morning to never forget - luv the Dagman

    ReplyDelete