Monday 30 March 2015

Respect my judgment and treatment decisions

Today is the day after my smaller chemo. Sleep patterns are weird, fatigue is weighing down the shoulders, but coping ok. Its a non answering phone day, laying on the lounge for most of it, man do I love this lounge, great job on that Mr Moore. Watched a couple of movies, closed the eyes a few times.

I've now gone through a number of treatments, and still put my faith on the medical approaches. People still point me to alternate therapies, and I confess, I still google about alternates, but none yet have floated my boat. I don't think they ever will. Logic and reason and science for me.

There have been a couple of time during treatment that we have negotiated with the medicos, where there were conflicting opinions on approach, and the process worked well. I still believe I am in charge of my treatment, that I am driving the bus. I have some pretty good people riding on the bus with me, but in the end it is my decision.

I potentially may be coming to another decision point, after the next scan based on the results we need to decide on the next course of action. I go there armed with knowledge and confidence,  as long as I'm alive we will keep making decisions, continue to move forward.

Whatever I decide to do, wherever that may lead, it is my decision to make, and I will make it with lots of research, thinking, analysis, and discussion with my family. Your decision in the same circumstances may be different, and that's fine. So my treatment decisions are a very personal thing, and so if I choose a different path than you think is right, then it's important to me that you respect that. As I am still driving the bus.

The bus continues to move forward, and tomorrow is always another day.
Trev.

No comments:

Post a Comment