Monday 30 March 2015

My hurt is better than your hurt

Had chemo this morning. This was my little chemo, in there for around 2 hours. Thanks again Lyss for being my ambulance driver. Can I turn on the siren again? Slept thru it, and then continued sleeping at home till the evening, hence being still awake at 1 in the morning. Will spend the next couple of days working thru the in and out sleep and fatigue and hopefully get back to some semblance of feeling ok mid week.

Something I get a lot is the "I know my thing is not a pinch about what you are going through, but....". Your hurt is equally important to me as my hurt. This isn't a competition, and I certainly don't feel that what you are going through is in any way less important than what I'm going through.

I am sure some people are reluctant to tell me their problem of the day, but I assure you, what's important to you is important to me. You are good enough to listen to me and how I rant about my problems, the least I can do is the same for you. And sincerely, your hurt, your issues, if you want to share them, please do.

So no need to worry about what you do or don't say. Please do not think that I have enough on my plate, or that I wouldn't want to be burdened with your issues. On the contrary, I'd be happy to listen, as you have kindly done for me.

So, although today has been a crappy chemo day, am feeling fatigued and nauseous, aches and pains, cramping legs. I can remember back to last weeks similar Monday night, and can also remember that tomorrow will be better, and tomorrow is always another day.
Love.
Trev.

No comments:

Post a Comment