Wednesday 11 March 2015

Things are different, but things are ok.

Had my big chemo day earlier this week, thanks to Lyss and Chels for the lifts up and back. Again they pumped in the Hydra-cortisone and the Phenergan which knocked me out for the day and pumped in the weed killer. No reactions, but really washes me out for a few days. After a couple more weeks we are going to try with lighter doses of the knockouts, hopefully my system gets used to the weed killer and I can tolerate it more, that's the plan. Doms picking me up soon to go up to the SAN and get my fortnightly bottle unhook. Cant wait, hate this thing around my neck, even if it is for 2 days a fortnight.

Feeling pretty good, going to try and get to the Swans NAB cup game on Sunday, its a bit of a test to see if I can get there and last the game. Pretty confident, we'll see.

Just watched a new movie on HBO, 'The Crash Reel". Its a documentary about a snowboarder, Kevin Pearce, that suffered a traumatic brain injury and his ongoing recovery. He so wanted to get back to snowboarding, and it took some time for him to accept that he wasn't going to be what he used to be. Good movie, check it out if you get the opportunity, really well done.

Once he got towards that acceptance, I like how he put his perspective to his brother...

"Its about understanding that things are different, but things are good, and things are OK...".

I like that for me. Things are good, and things are ok, just a little different, I get that. The new normal.

Tomorrow is always another day/
Trev.

No comments:

Post a Comment