Thursday 19 February 2015

Doctors

I reckon I am starting to get more of a sense about reading doctors. For example, when you get a call from the doctors receptionist that the doc wants to see you first thing tomorrow morning, its not good news. Had that a couple of times. Now I tend to turn off fones the evening after scans (not really).

Heading into last couple of appointments. First CT, I headed into the waiting room. I had a bad feeling going in, but that could have been the dodgy sausage sanger I had before leaving (when did i cook them again? How many weeks have they been sitting there? Doesnt the microwave kill all the bad stuff?).

Josie came out between appointments, and eye contact was made, I said g'day, and he gave me a little nod. Not his usual affable self, maybe he is busy. But nope. Similar situation in after the last CT. Josie seemed as gutted as I was. He has been really determined all the way through, always has the right thing to say to move me on to the next step, to pick it up and run with it. This time, it was quite different.

I wonder what it's like with these guys, how they cope it's the lows. Are the highs and successes that good to make it easier to deal with the lows? In many cases they would be watching a persons demise, their transformation from healthy and fit young person to old and frail, in a short time. I feel for them. My life is in his hands, and I trust him implicitly. I question and comment and discuss, but he is so far up to it all.

So keep bringing your A game doc, I trust you, I'll work with you, we will do it together.
Tomorrow is always another day.
Trev.


No comments:

Post a Comment