Sunday 8 February 2015

Movements

Well here is one a little more graphic than you were after, when I talk movements, it could be about midfield offensive strategies, but no, I'm talking bowel movements.

Now I have never been a great one with the diet, but have been a regular one with the bowel movements. Hell you could book me a place on the loo every morning around 10:30 they were that regular.

But alas, they have now taken that away from me. Wearing the bag, I can eat anything I want, barring a few items. The items that are a no-no, are corn, pineapple, peanuts, onions and peas. They dont break down well, so coming out they are trouble. Most other stuff I can eat. However I have to be careful that I can keep my passing's relatively fluid, otherwise blockage and that is trouble. As I am still taking Pan Forte and Endone, they are both codeine based and so bung you up, so have to ensure I drink plenty of water and have stuff that helps things un-bung.

So the laxative Movicol is one of my best friends, but just when needed. The other thing is exercise, if I can do some squats, or walking, it gets everything moving inside and so has the potential to get things moving. Great to know this, and great that modern medicine is giving this advice. When I was in hospital and had my surgery, the way to get the bowel working again was not drugs, it was exercise. Challenging on the day after surgery, but as time went on, the more I could walk and the more the body moved around to enable the bowels to kick in. It worked a treat, amazing.

So yes, I study my poo every day, look, texture, flow, timing. Its a kids science project gone mad. And if any of the boys hear me talking about movements at footy training next season, well lookout, just get out of my way.

Tomorrow is always another day.
Trev.

No comments:

Post a Comment