Sunday 1 February 2015

Waiting for the switch

Had a great week last week, my off-chemo week. I had hope some of that resilience would run thru to this week where I had my chemo on Tuesday. Well, maybe it did, maybe it didn't  not really sure. Have been up and down as always in my chemo week. Weight pushing down on the shoulders, heavy head, spinning feeling, nausea (a little better than last round, I think), the calf cramps, the ankles locking, and that huge fatigue. The fatigue, wow, the fatigue.

I did feel well enuff to have a have a quick visit from Angela and Mike this arvo, great to talk footy, life and stuff. Good on the Chels, BP and John for lifts earlier this week. Worked with E to make the new doggie door for Saf, paid for it in the evening, yep, overdid it again, remind me next time to watch out for that. Cass and E have been terrific in looking after me, and ensuring I can do what I need to do, love you guys, and thanks so much. New dog Sapphire has fitted in so well this week, love her to bits already.

So now that its Sunday night I am waiting for the switch. Waiting till that little invisible thing inside decides its had enuff and its time to be OK again. Will it be tomorrow? Maybe? Or because I was a day late with the chemo because of the public holiday, maybe it will be Tuesday morning. It better be by Tuesday, if not I will call the authorities, or write a letter to the editor.

So come on baby, flick the switch, you know you want to.

Tomorrow is always another day, and hopefully, a real good one.
Trev.



No comments:

Post a Comment