Friday 6 February 2015

Its OK to say or do the wrong thing

Sometimes when chatting to people I feel that they are trying too hard not to do or say the wrong thing.

I hope that if you have been reading some of my blogs that you can come to the conclusion that there really isn't really a wrong thing to say, that I am pretty open to people saying whatever they want, because I am. Its important to remember that I WANT things to be normal, I want and need to be treated just like you have always treated me.

If you take the piss out of me, I probably wont cry, if you do something that you think may be insensitive, I reckon we can laugh it off. Don't you think so? Haven't we always?

So in some ways, nothings changed with our relationship, except these tiny little things inside of me, and that's how it should be.

So if you were worried, then don't be, lets just talk, and not worry too much about what we say or do. I would rather you say the wrong thing to me rather than say nothing at all.

Was great to catch up with Stevo today and see him recovering so well. Hope that Natasha's recovery goes well over the next few days. Good to have a coffee with Dom, great to chat. Wonderful to catch up with the old footy brains trust, Paul, Tez and Goodey for dinner last night. Yep, I went out for dinner, how about that, a planned dinner, I am actually planning stuff and not having to cancel all the time. Sensational to start going to a bit of sport, E's Academy training and basketball, always love to go and watch some sport.

Jane and Lyss still away, got a bit snowed in, in Boston, but now in Washington and seeing the museums and stuff.  CT scan was on Thursday and my second big news when the results come back on Monday will determine if this round of chemo is working. Last time, I had an bad inkling, and it played out that way. This time, I have a bit of a good inkling, so, well, maybe its going to turn out that way. If not, then we look towards plan B.

Tomorrow is always another day.
Trev.

No comments:

Post a Comment