Sunday 4 January 2015

Chemo for Trev - 3.How do I feel?

How do I feel? Sensational.

Like pain, everyone deals with it differently, and everyone's threshold is different. For me, whilst the infusion goes in every second Monday, in the morning I am great, chirpy, full of beans. Over the day, from the time the Avastin starts I feel a wave come over me, it's like a slow wave of heaviness, from the top of my head, down past the ears, heavy on the shoulders, and down to the gut and beyond. Getting up during the day to go to the loo gets more difficult, and looking in the mirror over the was basin the eyes get darker. Trying to keep it upbeat but inner mood certainly gets gloomier as the day progresses.

Over the next week it comes on strong, fatigue, zero energy, nausea, aches and pains. I seem to have got all they said I may get from the chemo. Take a decent hangover maybe a bad cold with aches and pains, multiply that by 10 and we might be in the ballpark. It's nothing I have ever experienced nor imagined, and it's hard to explain. It's awful. No matter how much I try and push thru it, I can't.

By about the next Sunday or Monday things have eased, and by mid that second week I feel the total opposite, the best I have felt since the early diagnosis, nearly normal. It's really hard to imagine how bad I felt last week, when I feel so good this week (and vice verse).

And so the fortnightly regime continues, bad week, then good week, then.....
Btw, Chrissy 2014 was on a good week, was fantastic. NYE however, well, not many sherbets that night.

Tomorrow is always another day.
Trev.

No comments:

Post a Comment