Monday 5 January 2015

The creepy foto

Bit of personal sharing today, so if you lose interest feel free to drop out.

Had a few messages about the foto currently on my Goggle profile pic. Yes, if you hold it up, the good eye does follow you around the room, creepy eh. As BAB says, Boris, you are a very unattractive man.

The bit of the foto you don't see is the reason I am smiling. Jane and I were walking thru Singapore airport some years ago and we bumped into my other wife (well, she doesn't know it yet, but that doesn't matter does it), Maria Sharapova. I love the way she moves around the court, those little hi pitch grunts as she caresses the ball over the net. Ok, I've probably crossed some line there, and it was a cardboard cutout of Maria, but still. I love Maria nearly as much as I love Chris Judd, but she does have nicer hair than Juddy. So now you understand why I love that picture.

On another note, we lost our beloved dog Boltzy last week, and miss him dearly. It was time, he hasn't been well all year and we are glad he lasted thru Christmas. No more pain and discomfort my little fella. We had a bit of a giggle last night remembering some stuff, and I reckon I did a pretty good impression of him when my girls told me to go to bed. Love you Boltzy.

Thought and best wishes to Troy, thinking of you lots mate and wishing you the best. Hope the pain eases, love and wishes buddy to you and the family in this awfully difficult time.

I started reading Jim Stynes book last night. I remember so much about his story but have never read the book. Cassie picked it out for me for Chrissy, a great thoughtful present. Jim was a very inspirational guy, Irish import AFL player that became a brownlow medallist, post his AFL career spent time working with disadvantaged youth. He was diagnosed with cancer in 2009 and fought the good fight, passing away a few years later in 2012. Just a few pages in and feeling pumped about my journey.

Lastly, this Thursday I go for a CT scan to see whether the chemo has been working. This is probably the most important one so far, so I am a little anxious. If it is working, then its business as usual, we should keep on the current chemo regime for as long as I can tolerate it. I think it is working, I can't say I'm confident, but I think it's working. If it's not working, well we have to goto the plan B chemo a little earlier than planned. Results next Monday, cross your fingers for me.

Tomorrow is always another day.
Trev.

1 comment: