Wednesday 21 January 2015

My Bucket List

Well in short, I don't have one. I used to have a number of things that I wanted to do before I died. Travel mainly I suppose, but as death has been fast forwarded for me, this has changed. Been doing a bit of reading and researching, and this view is formed as a result of that.

It is about looking at what's important, what's meaningful. If I had a bucket list now, it would never really end. The places to travel, the time there, the activities, the list would continue. But no longer for me is it about accruing, no longer about ticks on the bucket list. Those that know me will know where this is going. The most important thing for me is my family. What's important is to continue to spend quality time with my wife and children. I want my time and their time to be useful, practical, loving, great conversations, good fights, heavy talks, great makeups, lots of laughing. I want it to be present, in the moment, meaningful and lasting.

Well I really do have a bucket list, and each morning I wake up and look at it, but there is only 1 thing on it, and I need to make sure I fulfill that every day.

Love you Jane, Cass, Lyss and E. You are, and will always be, my world.
I love you more every day, and tomorrow is always another day.
Trev/Dad.


No comments:

Post a Comment