Friday 16 January 2015

I have a theory

A big sigh from my kids. Another of dad's theories. I like having theories and hypothesis. Might be the challenge of proving it right or wrong. Might be just that I like theories, not really sure. My theories are always (well mostly) based on some thought out logic and at least a smidgen of research. Like, "I reckon that route A is quicker than route B".

For example, I have a theory on alternate therapies. My theory is that an alternate therapy had any weight that someone would have thrown some cash at it and it would move out of the "alternate" column. I read some research lately about how some alternate therapies can potentially affect chemotherapy drugs, both the effectiveness and also create further side effects. Simple stuff like green tea for instance. That's the science.

I have had lots of people bring to me various therapies that their uncle or aunt were cured by.  I do like to be informed about what's available, so I am happy to receive those, look at the articles or YouTube clips. But I am currently trusting the science, and it's likely that I always will. But there may come a time that my view on that does change, I doubt it, but mind is absolutely open.

With my theories I am sometimes not right, after all, that's what a theory is about right. I am happy to be proved wrong, and so I really believe that I have an open and inquisitive mind. So if you have an asparagus concoction that you believe cures cancer, as long as there is some logic behind it, I'm happy to have a look. But what's I do ask is that you leave it for me to decide then, don't judge me harshly for not taking it up, or deciding that I think it's not useful, and don't press me on it as the response may offend.

Tomorrow is always another day.
Trev.

No comments:

Post a Comment